HOW TO ENJOY YOUR WEDDING DAY
It’s finally here! Cake, tick. Dress, tick. Guests, tick, tick, tick. Now all you have to do is relax and enjoy your wedding day, right? But what if it rains? What if you get a blister? What if no one talks to Great Aunt Mary?
No doubt you have meticulously planned every aspect of your day, but there’s always going to be something you can’t anticipate. For that reason, we’ve pulled together some last-minute tips to ensure you can truly enjoy your wedding stress-free.
• First, give yourself plenty of time to get ready and calm those wedding jitters. Don’t leave getting dressed until the last minute – there’s nothing worse than a rushed bride.
• Have a wet weather plan. A balmy summer’s day may be forecast but the weather gods can’t always be trusted. You’ll feel better knowing there’s a back up.
• Delegate, delegate, delegate! Bridesmaids and groomsmen aren’t there just to look good in photos. Choose someone calm to watch the time and deal with any last-minute needs.
• Ask someone diplomatic to keep an eye on any guests that might misbehave. They’ll make sure your ultra-conservative uncle doesn’t end up arguing with your radical workmate.
• Have a small emergency pack on hand. Include a mini sewing kit, make up remover, stain remover, Hollywood tape, bobby pins, hairspray, blotting paper and mints. Your maid of honour can look after it, and should also be on wardrobe duty to watch for any errant bra straps.
• There will undoubtedly be a conga line of well wishers hoping to speak to you throughout the reception. Set up a video camera in a corner for everyone to record a message – they’ll get to say everything they want and you’ll have a record of it to enjoy forever.
• Remember – eat and drink plenty of water whenever you can. Before you leave for the ceremony. Between the ceremony and reception. And ask the caterers for leftovers to take back to the hotel. Do not miss out on that cake!
Finally, try and let go. You’ve done everything right, so now it’s time to enjoy yourself. Everyone will have a good time if you do. It’s your day, so take a deep breath, look into each other’s eyes and feel the love.